Citibank offers a lot of financial products and services, including credit cards, personal loans, mortgages, lines of credit, and commercial loans. With a total of more than 2,600 branches in 19 different countries, the bank has nearly 723 branches in America alone and over 1,400 branches in Mexico.
The many branches of the Citibank in the United States are concentrated in six different metropolitan regions, including New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, and Washington, D.C.
When it comes to the revenues of the bank, in 2016 the bank got 70 per cent of its revenues from its branches in the United States and 13 per cent of revenues from its branches in Mexico. Besides these two countries, most of the branches of Citibank are located in United Arab Emirates, Poland, India, and Russia.
Furthermore, Citibank also has a private division for credit cards, namely Citi Retail services, which issues store credit cards for many companies, including Sears, ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, The Home Depot, Shell Oil, Staples Inc., etc.
When it comes to online banking, Citibank was one of the few financial corporations that adopted technology at an early stage. The website of Citibank, namely Citibank.com got registered in the year 1991. This means that the website existed on the internet even prior to the launch of the World Wide Web.
At first, the website of Citibank was used for email and other type of internet interactions. And, after the World Wide Web was created, Citibank provided access based on internet browser to its customers. This is why Citibank has got the longest term financial and commercial online operations.
Soon, customers were able to use the Citibank online login features and access their Citibank accounts from the comfort of their home. Through this, they were able to use the many benefits of online banking offered by Citibank. Some of the advantages of using Citibank online login include:
- Easy payments of credit card bills
- Viewing account activity
- Making quick fund transfers
- Sending fast wires
- Viewing and managing bills online
- Getting updates for Citibank account on mobile device and email
- Shopping online with the help of virtual account number that protects identity on the internet
- Getting monthly bank statements online
- Viewing and printing checks
These are only some of the advantages of using Citibank online login. Besides these, there are many more benefits of using online banking of Citibank. Now, let us see how you can log into your Citibank online banking account.
Citibank Online Login Steps
If you want to log into your Citibank online banking account, then you must follow the below mentioned steps.
- Visit the link https://online.citi.com/US/login.do
- On this page, you will see two boxes. In the first box, you need to enter your ‘User ID’ and in the second box, you need to type in the ‘Password’ of your Citibank online banking account.
- If you want your computer to remember your Citibank user ID, then you can check the box that says ‘Remember my User ID.’
- After this, click on the blue-colored button that says ‘Sign On.’
- This will automatically take you to the details of your Citibank online banking account.
How to Safely Login to Citibank (Video)
How to Login to Citibank via iPhone
You can download and install the Citi Mobile app of Citibank on your iPhone. This free mobile application can be downloaded from iTunes. You can also download this app on your Apple Watch, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Login Instructions for Android Users
Android users too can download and install the Citi Mobile app on their mobile device from Google Play. Through this app, you can get instant access to your recent transactions and balances on the go, without signing on every time.
Possible Login Problems
If you are unable to log into your Citibank account from your mobile device, check that you have the latest internet browser and enabled the cookies on your Smartphone. Plus, see that you are using a good internet connection and entering the correct username and password of your Citibank online banking account.
How to Enroll to Citibank?
If you want to register yourself for the services of Citibank online banking, then you must enroll yourself to Citibank online login. For this, you must follow these steps.
- Visit https://online.citi.com/US/CBOL/sec/useregbnkcrd/flow.action
- Here, you will see the page where you need to ‘Set Up Online Access to Your Citi Card.’
- First, you need to enter your card information. This includes your ‘Card Number.’ Ensure that you enter your card number without any spaces or dashes in the provided space. After this, you need to click on the blue-colored ‘Continue Set Up’ button.
- After this, you will be asked some other important details that will confirm your identity. These include the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and your date of birth. In case, you do not have your Social Security Number, you must have your billing address ZIP Code.
- After entering all the information correctly, your online banking account for Citibank will be created. Through this, you can access your Citibank account from anywhere and at anytime.
How to Reset Your Password
In case you want to reset or have forgotten the password of your Citibank online banking account, you must change it by following the below mentioned steps.
- Go to the link https://online.citi.com/US/JSO/uidn/RequestUserIDReminder.do
- Here, you will see the ‘Forgot Your User ID or Password? Let’s Remind You’ section.
- First, you need to select your account type in order to reset your password. This means whether you have a bank or credit card account with Citibank or just a mortgage account. If you own a bank or credit card account with the bank, then you must enter your credit card number or Debit/ATM card number (if your credit card account has been linked Debit/ATM card) in the space provided. And, if you have a mortgage account with Citibank, then you need to enter your email ID in the space provided. After this, you need to click on the blue-colored ‘Continue’ button below.
- After successful completion of all the steps, you can change your Citibank password. Ensure that your password has some symbols, special characters, alphabets, as well as numbers.
- This way the password of your Citibank online banking account can be reset.
In case you face any problems while logging into, enrolling into, or resetting the password of your Citibank online banking account, you can call their customer representatives at 1-800-374-9700. You can also post them a mail at the address PO Box 6500, Sioux Falls, SD 57117.
Or else, you can visit your nearest Citibank branch. In order to know the location of the closest Citibank to you, you can enter your zip code or street address, city, and state on the website of Citibank.