American Express, commonly known as Amex, has served the financial interests of its customers for the last 167 years. It is a part of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Ranked as the 17th Most Admired Global Company by Fortune 2017, it accounts for as much as 23% of the total volume of credit card transactions in the US. It boasts of a customer base who owns a total of 109.9 million cards.
Via its recent online ventures, it has taken another leap into living up to its legacy and heritage. But what’s so exciting about Amex that almost everyone has an American Express card. Is it only because of the brand value it has or does it in reality have something to offer? Let’s try and assess the opportunities that the American Express card provides:
- Rewards and benefits: Let’s take a sample card to understand the type of rewards at store for us – let’s take for our case Amex’s Platinum card. With this card, you can get up to $200 credit to use for airline fees – the fees that usually bug you like the baggage, flight change, extra legroom, upgrades). You can also avail frequent flyer points every time you travel. Also while booking Uber, you are eligible to get $15 per month in credits (plus a $20 bonus in December).
- Get free access to Lounges: Many lounges only have VIP access. With American Express you can easily get access to lounges like these.
- Free hotel upgrades: You are eligible for free hotel upgrades if you use an American Express card.
- Join the elite class: Be a part of the elite class and get on the guest list of several happening parties.
- Shop anywhere and everywhere: American Express is accepted in all leading outlets and showrooms.
- Promos for new customers: New customers can avail from the promotional offers they have for first time users.
So follow the 1975 brand slogan would have you believe, ‘Don’t Leave Home without It.’
American Express Log In: How to Sign in to AMEX?
Here’s how you can easily access your American Express log in benefits online:
- Visit the website: https://global.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/emea/action?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_GB
- Select the type of account from the drop down menu.
- Enter the User ID and your Password
- Check the ‘Remember Me’ box if you are accessing it from your personal computer for faster access.
- Click the ‘Log In’ button.
- You are now logged in and can start enjoying using the services of American Express card online.
American Express Mobile services: How to Use Them?
American Express has been a pioneer of the credit revolution. Hence the company understands the importance of being able to go cashless and yet have a 24/7 access to financial services on the go. Even when you open the American Express log in page, you would notice a small footnote: “Download the Amex app and manage your account whenever, wherever.”
So the Amex app is indeed a result of continued efforts in innovation and research.
What can you do with the Amex app?
- Shop from leading online merchants.
- Get bonus points for purchase.
- Redeem your bonus points.
- Manage your transactions.
- View and download your last 6 month statements in PDF.
- Get rewards for referrals.
- Check your account balance.
- And finally pay your credit card bill.
To take advantage of the mobile services, you will need to first have an online account. Register first at americanexpress.com and then download the app.
American Express Log In on Your iPhone:
- Download the Amex app from the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/amex-in/id984568659?mt=8
- Open the app.
- Enter the User ID and your Password.
- You can also activate the Touch ID for faster access.
- You will be logged in when you click on the ‘Log In’ button.
American Express Log In on Your Android Phone:
- Download the Amex app from the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.americanexpress.android.acctsvcs.in&hl=en
- When you open the app, the launch page will ask for your User ID and Password credentials.
- Enter them and click on the ‘Log In’ button.
- You will be directed to your account summary.
What if You Still Can Not Log in to American Express?
If you face issues during your American Express log in , do not panic thinking that your attempts at login might block your card. Most of the times, you can troubleshoot them yourself.
- Check if your caps lock is on.
- If there is no error in typing, then you need to clear your cookies and cache. Here’s how you can do it:
• Go to Settings and then Apps.
• Select Amex.
• Then check ‘Clear Cache/clear Data’
• Select Force Stop.
Try logging in again.
- Update your browser
- Update your OS. The minimum OS requirements in:
• iPhone: iOS 9.0
• Android: 4.1
Forgot Your AMEX Password? Here is How to Reset it
Here’s what you need to do if you ever forget your AMEX Password:
- Go to the American Express log in page: https://global.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/emea/action?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_GB
- Click ‘Forgot User ID or Password.’
- To get started, enter your card details: 4 digit card number and card account number
- Then you can retrieve your User ID. You will now have to confirm your identity to proceed.
- Then you will reach the final step: Finish. Here you can set your new password.
How to Enroll to American Express Online Banking
You would need an online account to reap the benefits of the 24/7 access to your credit card account. Here’s how you can do so:
- Go to the login page: https://global.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/emea/action?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_GB
- Click ‘Create New Online Account.’
- Now you are supposed to enter your American Express card details – the 4 digit card ID and the 15 digit card number.
- Click Confirm to proceed.
- Then you will set up your account by furnishing personal details and proceed to the final step: Finish
American Express Customer Care number: 1-800-528-4800
El Paso, TX 79998-1535